There have been many noteworthy developments in the restaurant space recently. Some of these will likely have a material impact on the companies in the sector and the markets they serve.
Recent News and Analysis
- FMC Corp. - Plans To Split Into Two Companies
- Crosstex Energy - Final Report
- McClatchy Co. - Considering The Sale Of Cars.com Website
- Chiquita Brands Intl - Agrees To Merge With Fyffes PLC
- Analogic Corp. - Revised Guidance Weighs On Stock
- Safeway Inc. - Shares Dip On News Of Acquisition Agreement
- Korn/Ferry Int'l - Fiscal Third-Quarter Results Underpin Further Share-Price Momentum
- Skullcandy, Inc. - Favorable Guidance Sends Shares Significantly Higher
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
The Shoe Industry consists of a multitude of footwear manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers. The major wholesalers in the U.S. market are owners of a brand name and typically source their shoes from independent manufacturers. The retail segment of the industry ranges from owners of large multinational chains to small local businesses. Many shoe companies operate in both the retail and wholesale arenas. Shoe companies covered by Value Line generally adhere to the standard industrial page format.