Recent News and Analysis
- Tetra Tech - Canadian Mining Issues Lead To Guidance Trim; Stock Falls
- Terex Corp. - Shares Dip On Reduced Earnings Guidance
- Wiley (John) & Sons - Shares Fall On Disappointing Full-Year Results
- Walter Energy - Shares Rebound On Renewed Investor Confidence
- DreamWorks Animation / Netflix, Inc. - Sign Multiyear Content Agreement
- Amer. Superconductor - Stock Slumps On Revenue Decline
- Myriad Genetics - Shares Dip On Unfavorbale Patent Ruling
- Belo Corp. 'A' / Gannett Co. - Belo Corp. Agrees To Be Acquired By Gannett Co.; Shares Advance
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
Volatility is a characteristic of the Maritime Industry, especially since the sector is both cyclical and seasonal. The group can be subdivided into a number of segments, according to markets served and assets owned. Although we present our reports in the standard industrial format, there are several nuances that investors must take into consideration.