There have been many noteworthy developments in the restaurant space recently. Some of these will likely have a material impact on the companies in the sector and the markets they serve.
Recent News and Analysis
- Analogic Corp. - Revised Guidance Weighs On Stock
- Safeway Inc. - Shares Dip On News Of Acquisition Agreement
- Korn/Ferry Int'l - Fiscal Third-Quarter Results Underpin Further Share-Price Momentum
- Skullcandy, Inc. - Favorable Guidance Sends Shares Significantly Higher
- Big Lots Inc. - Investors Happy With Guidance; Shares Rally
- Stage Stores - Shares Rise Following Fourth-Quarter Earnings Report; Investors Take Note Of Off-Priced Unit Sale
- BJ's Restaurants - Investors Appear Pleased With Upcoming Board Nominations; Shares Rise
- Staples, Inc. - Shares Plunge On Disappointing Fourth-Quarter Results
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
One of the few, shared traits among the Metal Fabricating companies under our review is that they are intermediate producers of hundreds of thousands of materials and components used by a variety of manufacturers, many of which are highly cyclical. End customers reside in the auto, residential and commercial construction, mining, energy, aerospace, general industrial and other sectors.