Recent News and Analysis
- Rambus Inc. - Patent Cross License Agreement With Micron Sends Stock Soaring
- Pep Boys - October-Period Results Disappoint; Shares Slide
- Genco Shipping - Stock Slides As Credit Woes Persist; Discontinuing Coverage
- Eagle Bulk Shipping - Shares Tumble As Investors Unload Debt; Discontinuing Coverage
- Lumber Liquidators - Updates Outlook; Stock Falls
- OSI Systems - TSA Cancels Order Over Component Issue; Shares Fall Sharply
- US Airways Group - Marriage With AMR Completed, Now American Airlines Group; Final Report
- Sysco Corp. - Shares Soar On Announcement Of Deal To Purchase US Foods
This article touches on the importance of having an understanding of balance sheet considerations when investing, particularly during tougher economic times. We describe Value Line’s Financial Strength ratings system, and list the main factors that determine individual categories. We also note some of the different capital structures among industries.
The Retail Automotive Industry is comprised of two kinds of companies: those that sell replacement automotive parts and accessories to "do-it-yourself" customers and to commercial "do-it-for-me" clients; and those that sell a wide assortment of new and used vehicles over the Internet and networks of regional or national franchised dealerships.